The SEND Local Offer
What is the SEND Local Offer?
Every local authority must publish a Local Offer. The SEND Local Offer tells you what support is available for children and young people with special educational needs (SEN) and/or disabilities, and their families. It should include information about education, health and care provision. It should also tell you about training, employment and independent living for young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities.
You can find the SEND Local Offer for Kent County Council (KCC) HERE
Who is it for?
The SEND Local Offer is for:
• children and young people with SEN and/or disabilities from birth to 25
• their parents and carers
• practitioners and professionals.
What is the idea?
The SEND Local Offer should:
• make it easier to find out what you need to know
• give you information about what is available
• tell you where you can get further information.
The SEND Local Offer should also make services more responsive to local needs.