The vision for key stage 1 is focussed on providing a stimulating and safe environment, which is relevant, challenging, motivational and fun. Where we all work together to nurture and maximise the potential of each and every individual and celebrate in their achievement.
• The curriculum will be focussed on the EYFS for year 1 pupils, year 2 pupils will continue to work within the EYFS principles but with
National curriculum headings.
• Phonics using Letters and Sounds from phase 1 onwards.
• To maximise opportunities for pupils to develop greater resilience in their social, emotional and learning skills, through play and directed activity.
• Develop functional communication skills that children can use in the wider environment.
• Develop phonic knowledge, reading and writing skills through ability groupings, underpinning high expectations.
• Develop independence, self -confidence and control, through play, directed activity, reciprocity and positive behaviour support.
Topic work is carried out in a cross curricular method and is supported by specialist teachers, in art, ceramics, drama, music and PE.
Hydrotherapy pool leisure swimming.
Horse riding once a year.
Trampolining and PE
Visiting Drama groups
Trips out to different environments.
Special days in school
To target the higher attaining students in year 2 to ensure they continue to accelerate their progression pathway.
To maximise opportunities to develop greater resilience in their social, emotional and learning skills through topic related play, small group work and the PHSE curriculum.