There is much concern and worry about the spread of the coronavirus in the news currently. Given the complexity and changeable nature of the situation we shall continue to monitor developments on a regular basis. We shall follow the guidance of Public Health England in order to protect the health of pupils, staff and whole School community. This is the advice that is being provided to us:
If you have travelled from:
- Specific lockdown areas in Northern Italy as designated by the Government of Italy
- Special care zones in South Korea as designated by the Government of the Republic of South Korea
- Hubei Province (returned in past 14 days)
You should immediately stay indoors and avoid contact with other people as you would with the flu. Call NHS 111 to inform them of your recent travel to the area. Please follow this advice even if you have no symptoms of the virus.
For travellers who have returned from:
- Republic of Korea
- Hong Kong
If you have returned from any of these areas within the past 14 days and develop symptoms of cough/fever/shortness of breath, immediately call NHS 111 to inform them.
If you have returned from the following areas since 19 February and develop symptoms, please call 111.
- Northern Italy (north of Pisa, Florence and Rimini)
In the event that absence from School is required as a result of advice given due to the risk of coronavirus, please advise the School according to the normal procedures.
There are general principles anyone can follow to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses:
- Washing hands often-with soap and water. Particularly important after using public transport.
- Use an alcohol based hand sanitiser with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water not available.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin.
- Stay at home if you feel unwell.
If you are worried about your symptoms, please call 111.
For further information, please see current guidance: