PROACT-SCIPr Intro and Foundation training for porsitive behaviour support and prositive handling.
21 March and 27 June 2022
Two day course
This course is designed to provide participants with the practical skills and knowledge to enable them to apply the PROACT-SCIPr-UK® approach whilst supporting individuals with challenging behaviour.
What will I study?
On completing the course participants will be able to:
- Identify that behaviour serves a purpose
- Name the four functions of behaviour
- Identify the elements of the PROACT-SCIPr-UK® whole approach
- Identify the health and safety issues associated with the use of audit-based physical interventions
- Demonstrate competence in the physical interventions taught in a training environment
- Identify how relevant legislation and guidance influence working practice
- Describe the difference between behaviour support and behaviour control
- Identify and define active interventions that will reduce the risk of behaviour escalation
- Identify proactive, active and reactive strategies as part of the PROACT-SCIPr-UK® whole approach
- Describe responsibilities when implementing PROACT-SCIPr-UK®
Where does it lead?
The curriculum is certificated by Bild Association for Certificated Training (Act) against the Restraint Reduction Network Training Standards (RRN).